Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The last week or so has been very up and down. It's been hard to be at home with everyone else at work after the sociality of Christmas. And of course I'm now feeling better after the surgery but with the next lot of treatments looming ahead. It's hard to stay postitive in all honesty. I've been feeling isolated and somewhat depressed, a little forgotten about as everyone gets back into the New Year.

But there seems to have been a bit of confusiuon about my treatments. I WILL have to have radiation and Chemo. These will probably be in March. We have an appointment with the fertility people, but this is not about us having our own baby but the possibility of preserving my eggs or embryos so that we can look for a surrogate in the future. Sorry to be blunt but right now I'm feeling that there's no end to all of this.

I am however looking at going back to work part-time. I don't want to commit to full-time (if I ever do) until I feel fitter and my treatments are over, especially as Chemo taks up a whole day. If I have to go into town everyday for radiation, I may as well use that trip for other means.

Anyway to keep me focussed I'm working on a scrapbook of the wedding which I'm enjoying a lot.

Love

Z xx

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zoe, glad to hear you are feeling a bit better at the moment and I admire you for thinking in positive terms above a part-time return to work, but make sure you don't overdo it.

It's a bummer about the fertility thing but, like everything else, that could change in the future.

Keep posting,

Tishy

Zoë said...

Thanks, Tishy. :o) Unfortunately radiation in the pelvic area brings on premature menopause so we would need some sort of miracle. But we ARE trying to be positive, after all the main aim now is a cure.

Z xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Zoe

Sorry to hear about the effect the treatment will have. Best of luck with both the egg harvesting and especially the treatment.

Take it easy if you do decide to return to work.

Stay positive!

Andi

(added by moderator as first comment deleted by accident!)

Anonymous said...

Hello darling Zoe and Matt,

Just wanted to let you know that we are thinking of you every day and sending good vibes from India. xxxxxx Sarah's friend Shayam is doing puja for you. Email a bit erratic because of power shortage. All love as ever J&J

blondie said...

Zed, keep well and I also say don't OVER-DO-IT!!! Your motivation is amazing.

Again a big sloppy kiss for you.

Would love to see some digi pics of your scrapbook when done.

xoxoxoxo
love pk

Anonymous said...

You were in my thoughts yesterday and I started to text before realising it was the middle of the night - I'll drop you a line
xxxE