Thursday, November 17, 2005

Another weird week, which included me being accused of being attention seeking. For the record there are other ways of getting attention and I would not wish this on anyone. And certainly could do without the attention. I could also do without toxic people but I guess that it's hard to avoid in life.

Yesterday had the trial MRI - involved a probe in my unspeakables (sorry as open as I am I can't bring myself to be that open on the internet!) which took close up pictures of the tumour which means they can properly get the size. Yhe trial bit was a measurement of the chemical make up - they get a line reading through the scanner apparently. Somehow managed to fall asleep - partly because I've been so exhausted and stressed. They were lovely people and so I did feel at ease although it wasn't the most comfortable thing I've had.

Anyway. I'm off to the hospital today and op tommorrow. Matt will post here when he can. Am feeling rather wobbly about it all - partly because of the surgery and partly because I'm not sure what will happen. It's very hard to prepare for an outcome when you don't know what it will be.

Thanks again for all the lovely comments - they really do help. It's nice to feel so loved.

Hugs

Z xxx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the very best to you and Matt over the coming days, Z. Love from Nancy, Phil and Toby xxx

Anonymous said...

Only found out about your cancer from David Jones tonight- all the very best. Love from Ian, Issy and Penny the dog xxxx

Anonymous said...

All the best for tomorrow.

Jeff

(ixic on TMF)

Anonymous said...

I have come across from lurking in the Powder Room on the Fool and just wanted to wish you all the best with the tests and the results and of course the surgery. Keeping my fingers crossed for you on the keeping your fertility front.

I particularly liked your comment in an earlier blog about one's life partner being capable of caring for you in a waiting room ... so true!

Take best care,

Caroline

(SimpleC on The Fool)

Anonymous said...

Have been thinking about you all day. Hoping and praying that all goes well for you.