Monday, June 18, 2007

Fabulousness

I've taken a break from tackling the world's largest pile of ironing to write this.

I'm now 40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So far so good apart from the sore foot I got when I feel over in the wee small hours of the morning after getting home from the mass family birthday dinner. It was a good night and I spent the rest of my birthday recovering. I've been really psoilt - lots of lovely pressies and the celebrations are continuing with the birthday lunch on saturday. I'm going to milk this landmark and enjoy it as much as I can. What I will say is that when I first was diagnosed I wondered if I'd make it to 40 and now I'm here, everything is so precious.

The other excitement is that I was filmed last week for another news item which will come up in the future and that was a lot of fun. They filmed here and interviewed me. Jayne came along too and they filmed us handing tomato plants to each other for about an hour. It was hilarious. The builders next door (who had asked to be quiet) were most intrigued. I think they think I'm Kingston's answer to Charlie Dimmock (except I wear a bra).

The last couple of days have been spent studying anatomy which has been exhausting but actually really interesting. I just hope I can remember it all. It's going to really help the pilates.

Z x

No comments: