Sunday, May 20, 2007

8 things about me

This has been going around blogs for a while but Rosamundi tagged the readers of hers so I thought I'd give it a try. There are some things that people might know, but other things, maybe not. I've tried to avoid stuff I witter on about here.

1. I hate DIY stores. They do my head in. I'm ok for the 15 minutes it takes to look at the homeware stuff, the paint charts and the kitchens and then I lose my will to live.

2. I have had a crush on David Essex for as long as I can remember. This drives Matt nuts, but given his age I'm not going to run off with him anytime soon. Plus I have a bigger crush on my husband (ahhhh).

3. When at dance school I nearly got arrested for dancing in the streets a la fame. We were protesting about the freezing of student grants. We protested a lot in those days. I also know more people than I'd like to admit who have been arrested (and aquitted) for some quite serious things.

4. I am a life long Labour supporter (blame my liberal, reactionary, middle-class leftie parents for taking me canvassing as a child) and have strayed since Tony Blair got in. I think I'd be stuck by lightening if I voted Tory though. I certainly couldn't live with the guilt.

5. I hate John Howard (Australia's PM) more than I hate Blair and Bush. He'd have to be out of power before I consider going back for anything more than a holiday.

6. I can bite my toenails (but I don't)

7. I have a weakness for musicals and any saturday night show that incorporates sequins, dancing or show tunes.

8. I love books. That can be blamed on my parents (see above) giving me a book allowance as well as pocket money.

2 comments:

Penny said...

A book allowance! What a good idea.

blondie said...

Love u heaps and the top 8 things, I knew your policital preferences but being a total leftie and living in the country I'm a hard to pursuade to the "dark" side.

Right wing politics as you know has hit my parents to hard financially and if I was to vote for the other side they would have to find a better leader than Rudd.

I do say tho' that at parties I was told don't discuss "sex, politics or religon!!!" - I agree with discussing sex (even b4 Sex in the City became hip then passee), political discussions always get me into trouble (so don't do this anymore) and religon is just too interesting a topic to cross off the list.

Love u babe. Vive la differance.
pipsta