Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Highs and lows

Where has the time gone? It's february already and we've had a warm January, with snow for the first time in years (go figure) and more snow forecast for tomorrow. The last few weeks have been on a bit of a roller coaster - trying to leave work, which has happened though the apron strings are not quite cut and finding that I'm busier than ever.

Funnily enough I'm enjoying being at home. Someone asked me what I do. I don't know exactly but it seems that I'm running around - spring cleaning, and doing jobs that have been put to one side for ages. I'm seeing the house afresh and wanting to change things. And panning our trip to the US and just stuff really.

I've been to the House of Commons to lobby for the Cervical Cancer vaccine and am getting more involved with Jo's Trust and other charities - and in fact appeared on TV last week, being interviewed about my experiences with cervical cancer and the importance of smears. I really really enjoyed the experience and from the feedback I got, was quite good at it, so I may be doing more media work.

I've also started doing pilates sessions with Lisa and am investigating courses to train as an instructor - it's all very exciting and daunting and scary and very expensive so am formulating a plan.

And in the middle of all this excitement, Gaffa died - he's Joss's father so technically not a relation, but as close to a grandfather as I've had for many years and just an amazing man. He'll be much missed as he was such an integral part of the extended family and dealt with everything with such humour and dignity. He was 94 years young.

I am going to write more about India but in the meantime here's a picture of me that Jayne took in Mumbai - I don't like pictures of me at the moment, but this one is one that I like.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!

Great to see a new post on your blog. I look forward to hearing more news in the future!

Anonymous said...

tppysqsxrwyijirnHello Blossoms, Thinking of you . So glad you're ok . Just had a bite to eat with Grady Bruce who's in town to see the Opera. He;s just back from Jordan looking at the odd ruin etc . Wish I could see a few myself -(well there is a moment or two in my mirror ) Are you doing the US for fun ? I'm hard at work with the young hopefuls doing productions this term -Chekhov and Marivaux . Hope Jayne had a jolly birthday . Did you ever get a comic DVD last year from moi , maybe it went astray ! I'll send another if not . Molto love , Nell xx