Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Anniversaries and adventures

It has been ages since I last posted, for which I apologise! In September we celebrated our wedding anniversary, which was wonderful - we went to a lovely spa hotel thanks to some friends of mine and were pampered and rested. We also were able to catch up with Ann and Jon who made a flying visit. It was all too brief, but great to see them and compare notes.

I also had my 6 month check up which was good - again no sign of a recurrance. It's funny though because those checkups sort of remind me that there COULD be a recurrance so it's a bitter sweet time. Oh for the day that I'm told I'm in remission!

I have also changed my HRT. Menopause is not easy for me - actually I'm having a rubbish time. My HRT caused massive weight gain and also problems with my joints - so I'm a bit like a little old lady with a type of arthritis in my hands and feet. Not to mention the mood swings. Have been on this new HRT for a few weeks now so hopefully it will kick in.

In November Jayne and I are going to India to a retreat (aka yoga boot camp) which looks wonderful but hard work! I am very excited as it's my first trip to India and well be at the retreat for 2 weeks and then a couple of days in Bombay. It will be good to spend time with Jayne and see India with her, although I think we both will welcome the meditation at times!! ;o)

My lovely husband made the mistake of mentioning how he was inspired by Natalia's marathon and so was challenged to do the Great South Run. He's doing 10 miles raising money for the Royal Marsden. His sister Emma is also running, as are Chris and HIS sister Vicky, so there's quite a bit of competitive spirit! So please
sponsor him as we're both so grateful for the wonderful treatment that the Marsden has given me. It will help him see that all the hard work and early mornings were worth it!!

Love

Z x

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Zoe and Matt,
I'm Glad you had a good Anniversary, Hope to catch up with you all soon.
Enjoy your trip to India, Matt when are you and Emma gonna do the Great North Run i didn't picture you as a runner but good on ya.
It seems to long since i've seen ya have to catch up soon.
Hope you didn't mind me adding a comment,
Take care have new news to speak off but not on-line speak to you soon. T.c
Charlotte

Matthew Ruddock said...

Hi Charlotte,

Thanks for the comment - we don't mind at all, it's most welcome!

The Great South Run's in Portsmouth on the 22nd October... Actually I've just got back from a training run this evening, which is all good and necessary practice. You're not the only one who didn't see me as I runner - I certainly didn't either!!!

Nice to hear from you, take care.

Matt

Anonymous said...

Hellooooo Blossoms ! Idly doodling before turning in ( to what you might ask) for the night. So glad that things are on the improve, and you both had a good anniversary . Is it really a year ? eek -How time doth flee .nonetheless the future can ,and will ,bring many roses and marigolds. Say cheers to Mother Inja for me ,and indulge in a bit of pampering and the odd bauble, won't you ! My love to you and to our Jayne , who must by now be able to charm elephants mongeese (?) and cobras . Take tea in Poona for me too . All love Nell xxx

blondie said...

Hey Zed and Matt,

Glad to chat to you direct over the phone tonight, thx for the time, it was great to hear those English Ascents.

Best of luck Matt with the run, your knees and thirst at the end of this wonderful cause.

Again, belated congrats on the 1st year.... it's flown and what a buzz that you got there. It's just up and up, from this duck is approaching her 4th big w anniversary in early '07.

Keep safe, in touch.
hugs
pip and co xo