Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Sorry for not posting for a while - I'm trying to adjust to some sort of life again! Things are getting busier at work and so I'm there more, plus we've been either away at weekends or in the garden, and I'm also trying to deal with some of the longer term side effects of treatment (dodgy tum, muscle ache, fatigue and menopause - oh joy).

I had a check up and so far so good which is a postive thing. I have to go back in June. Of course, because it was my margins that were not clear enough it's hard for them to measure, but they seemed pleased with me and I came out armed with HRT and instructions on how to deal with things post radiotherapy (bleurgh).

I'm very tired today - a bit of sunshine and people start buying sandals so it was a very full on at work this morning. But I'm also slowly trying to exercise as am feeling blobbish and have not been able to do much do to treatment (one forgets how much the pelvic area is used and effected by things). So am doing short bursts on the water rower in an attempt to do get fitter again.

We're both looking forward to our holiday in Italy, even though it's going to cost a LOT in insurance (yes, even Europe) and forget North America, it's almost impossible to get insurance for there if you have or have had cancer, which is depressing. As I'm hoping to do a trek to raise money for the Marsden next year, I hope that it is not too prohibitive - the one I'm keen on doing is to China!

Wil post again sooner next time!

Z xxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zoe

Nice to hear from you.

Here's a thought...

Don't worry about medical insurance.

Many ways you're past that.

Take what you want and in doing so, simply take the chance.

Appreciating for you that might be more pertinent than for most but I'm always amazed at how people constrain their lives because of what is ordinarily a low probability occurence of illness (or a progression of an illness) abroad.

I figure if I can stagger down the airway onto a flight back to Blighty I'm ahead of the game and my family don't do heart attacks or stroke out. Thus and so, I figure I can make it back to the joys of my entitlement (been there, paid the dues)to the NHS.

It's a risk assessment...;)

As always, all the best.

Jeff

blondie said...

Excuse my ignorance Zed... has all the therapy caused an early onset of menopause??

Glad to hear that you are planning all these holidays.

Keep safe, xo P