Wednesday, March 22, 2006

That's my final radiation DONE DONE DONE!

Tummy's a bit sore, but I celebrated today with a good old british bacon buttie (have been on a low fat diet during all of this). Am so happy, though a little tired and battered.

Appointment with the consultant in 4 weeks. But saw the nurse today and apparently my bloods look really good and my haemoglobin levels are better than they expected at this stage (whatever that means)!

Oh, and the nasty nurse actually apologised to me! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zoe

Good going. Continuing best wishes.

Nasty nurse must have been reading the press on various NHS redundancies.

I don't suppose that's good but it may at least have concentrated her mind.:)

Jeff

Anonymous said...

Wooooooo-Hooooooooooooo!!!!
(as Mand would say)

Very well done you - to have stayed so positive and kept your great sense of humour through what I have always imagined as being a truly horrible form of treatment.

To me, it's actually seemed to go quite quickly, although it may not have done for you.

I've bookmarked your blog and if ever I find that any of my friends or family have cancer then I will def point them in your direction - your blog shows that having cancer doesn't stop you going on being You and keeping your own personality. I think it would be really reassuring at a frightening time following diagnosis, to read of one woman's experience - ups and downs, and to realise that you can still smile some of the time.

Take care,

'canyonpuma'

Anonymous said...

Hi Zoe,
I haven't commented for a long time but I am delighted with your progress. I am thinking of you and Matt and wish you well.
take care,
Diziet from The Fool