Wednesday, December 21, 2005

We had a great time at Paul and Sarah's wedding - it felt great to be wearing a pretty dress and heels and make up - I even danced! It was good therapy. I was very tired and sore afterwards but it was worth it, just to feel human again.

I've added a feature for the comments on this blog which means I or Matt sees them before they are published. Just as well because today I got another nasty one - apparently me not having children is a reason to celebrate because I'm ugly and would spread the cancer. Merry Christmas to you too. It amazes me just how poisonous people can be.

Pip asked what GolightlyCat means - well it's a screen name I adopted ages ago using Breakfast at Tiffany as inspiration. The main character is Holly Golightly and she had a ginger cat called Cat. Thanks for all your comments Pip - they are appreciated. I'll be in touch after Christmas. Am jealous of the hot weather, but also love cold wintery Christmas with the lights and holly and fir trees and fires. We're spending it in Yorkshire, then back to London then Oxfordshire for New Year and then a couple of days at the Lakes in Cumbria. It will be cold and wild, but I like a bit of weather and all the better for snuggling! :o)

We went back to the hospital yesterday. It's all very complicated but they are recommending that I have radiation. Apparently my margins are 3.5 mm and they usually prefer 1 cm to feel confident that the cancer won't return. So we have some decisions to make. BUT we've been given sometime to think and talk and also see a fertility expert which will help us get some more information together.

If I have radiation the standard treatment (for all cancers I think) is about 28 days of short zaps of external radiation and then a day or so of internal radiation, coupled with low dose chemo. It doesn't hurt but there are both long and short term side effects (which can be worse after surgery) so we have to weigh up that and the risk of the cancer coming back.

Hmmmm.

Anyway have a wonderful, peaceful and happy Christmas everybody.

Z xxx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zoe,

I am truly horrified that you are having more nasty messages.

I did notice your approval, prior to any post being published. This is such a shame.
I hope you do not take any notice of these comments, you are beautiful, inside and out, I am sure Matt will agree wholeheartedly with me here!
So once again, I wish you all the best in this chapter of your life, stay strong, you deserve the best.
Lots of Love to you and Matt,
Sharon.
P.S. Sometimes I cannot believe how much I think of you two, I have never met you, only chatted over TMF, blimey I feel for you both, I really do. If I do not catch you before, have a lovely festive season. xxx A kiss from me and my 2 boys.

Anonymous said...

Very pleased you enjoyed getting dressed up and partying, Zoe. It's good to do something 'normal' after the endless round of medical stuff.

I hope you both have a beautiful Christmas and New Year in Yorkshire and the Lake District. I really loooooooooove the Lakes.

Take care, both of you.

canyonpuma

Anonymous said...

Dear Zoe,
I'm so sorry for the latest news - I really really feel for you. And YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! I got your beautiful Christmas card yesterday - thank you. You will notice my card and wishes probably in the new year, as always I'm very slack at sending things on time! I'll get organised one of these days I'm sure. Lots and lots of love and hugs to you and Matt. I wish you the best of love and health this Christmas and although you've been through a hell of a time, I'm hoping that you'll find some peace and serenity during this time, and try to enjoy your first Christmas together as husband and wife. Wishing and praying that 2006 brings you health and happiness.

Love and kisses,
Nats
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Have a few drinks for me.
Peter and I will be thinking about you, you are constantly in my thoughts.
SHARON xxx

Anonymous said...

Best wishes to you both and a happier 2006.

Leah

blondie said...

I cannot believe how NASTY people can be. You are the most beautiful person inside andout. Tell them to "sodd off". Why read your blog if they are not interested.

Am in Qld with the in-law family. Ashlee is getting bigger by the minute.

All our love for a restful New Year and rug up in the cold. Sydney is hitting 37deg and up hear it was 33deg today. Glad that we're in air conditioning comfort at my sister-in-laws Kaylee.

Am thinking of you. Love you.
xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Zoe,

Wanted to post a few things.

Firstly ignore that nasty comment and if you want me to go round and shove a knitting needle up their nose just say I will be more than happy to oblige!

Secondly it was lovely to have you at the wedding and your dress was gorgeous. Others have already commented to me about your dress and how fab you looked. I did think you were tired on the Saturday but also appreciated you dropped by.

I also wanted to say that I also suffered from extensive endemetrosis (spelt wrong!) before I fell for Alex. I had cancer cells of the cervix and when they operated they found the other. They did manage to zap everything away. Not using technical terms but essentially they cleaned me out which made me fall pregnant more easily,although I was not trying. I just wanted to say I suppose to give you some hope.

Also I wanted to tell you about the "Marry Me" wedding box.... bet you thought I had forgotten! Not quite we took the box with us to the ceremony and it is now in the hands of our neighbours daughter getting married in August and is aware of the conditions. The box now has a typed note inside which reads the following;

The Wedding Box of Memories

This tradition was started by Zoë Sanderson. Zoë’s friends Bretta and Cody gave Zoë and Matt the box as a gift following their own wedding in Canada. Paul and Sarah were guests at Zoë and Matt’s butterfly themed wedding and Zoë wanted to pass the box to the next couple due to get married.. Now in the hands of Sarah, Sarah thought it would be nice to add the names of the couples who it has been used by and to record the history of its movements. It is up to the person who has the box to update the records and pass it on to the next happy couple. Paul & Sarah now pass the box on Boxing Day 2005 to Kathryn their neighbour’s daughter due to be married in 2006 and wish the happy couple all the best wedding wishes and happiness.


below this is states all the couples names,dates and place of wedding and right at the bottom it states a return to if lost address.

I hope you approve..

I think that's about it hun. Of course I will ping you some pics when I have some and for you to hang in there you are doing grand.

Love Sarah xx