Friday, December 09, 2005

Before I start, I’d just like to thank everyone who’s been asking after us, it’s been a while since we posted anything here - so apologies for keeping you hanging on, but here’s a brief update.

OK, so no beating around the bush, December’s not been a good month so far, and we’re both hoping it’s going to get a lot better in the run up to the Christmas holidays.

As you know, Zoë was doing fantastically well post-op, and making a good recovery here at home - slowly but surely getting her strength and mobility back. This past week however, she’s been really quite poorly, and we’ve been back and forth to the doctors and in touch with the hospital on several occasions.

Yesterday was probably the worst day. Earlier this week Zoë had been prescribed antibiotics as it was feared an infection was the reason for her downturn; but the nausea they induced reached a new high, and you can probably guess what happened.

Anyway, I don’t want to worry you all unnecessarily, and I’d like to reassure you that although she’s some way from perfect health, Zoë's looking much much brighter this evening than she has all week. (Thankfully the antibiotics proved unnecessary, so she's off those too.)

It’s been very tough though, and our attempts to return to anything like normality have been somewhat thwarted. We’re shattered, as it’s both physically and emotionally draining, so some things - like posting updates to the blog - have had to take a back seat.

Still, I think things are on the up again now, so let’s hope the trend continues, and that our visit to the clinic next week brings more good news.

Matt

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt :)

Just to say give Zoe a massive hug from us and give yourself one whilst you'r there :)

Keep positive, good things DO happen to nice people!!

Loads of love and hugs Mand and Andy :)

As regards posting hon, I'm sure everyone here will understand, you post and when you can :)) No pressure xx

Oh and Good Luck with a capital G for next week!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt & Zoe,

I asked Cliff if he'd heard how you guys were getting along and he forwarded your blog to me. Looks like you're having good days and not so good days, which I guess could be expected for awhile. I hope you chewed Blue a new one after first giving him a huge hug -- what was he thinking to disappear with such bad timing?! Just wanted to know we were thinking about you and sending healing thoughts your way.
Love, Faith & Cliff

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, and take care both of you.

canyonpuma

ellen kleeman stacy said...

Zoe (and Matt),
I think that ups and downs are pretty normal for a recovery from invasive surgery, emotional anguish, and even the recent emotional high of your wedding. You will start to feel better soon and the bad days will be fewer and far between until all of the sudden you will realize that you aren't having bad days anymore.

Anonymous said...

Zoe and Matt,

I am thinking of you and wishing you strength and a rapid return to good health. hang in there, things will get better.

Hugs to both of you,

Diziet

Anonymous said...

I do think of you often, even when I'm not watching Strictly Come Dancing with you via text. I make magic waggle-fingers in your direction, like a Saracens rugby crowd while the kicker takes one.

Anonymous said...

Hi

Slightly conscious that I haven't met either of you and I'm all of an ocean away anyway but good luck...chin up/stiff upper lip as I, well, never actually said when I was a Brit.:)

Great that Blue came back too - cats are good for you.

Jeff (ixic)